Once you have selected an appraiser, be
prepared to answer questions and provide requested information.
- What is the purpose of the appraisal?
- When is the required completion date
of the appraisal?
- Is property listed for sale and if
so, for how much and with whom?
- Is there a mortgage? If so, with whom,
when placed, for how much, type of mortgage [FHA, VA etc.], interest
rate, and any other types of financing.
- What personal property, such as appliances,
are included ?
- If it is an incomeproducing property,
provide a breakdown of income and expenses for the last year or two
and a copy of leases.
- Provide a copy of deed, survey, purchase
agreement or other pertinent papers pertaining to the property.
- Provide a copy of current real estate
tax bill, statement of special assessments, balance owing and on what
[sewer, water, etc.].